I guess we can file this under "general web marketing advice" which means you'd be wasting paper and ink to even bother printing this. I will further qualify this advice by saying, like all marketing advice, this will end with MY product being the solution, so get ready for that, too. You've been warned, here goes...
So I am looking through some chiropractor websites as I'm thinking it could be a great target for me. I'm noticing that, like large legal sites but even more so, they are overloaded with information that all leads the reader to the same place: still being hurt. Oh, yeah...and you still don't have a client. General SEO rules will tell us that relevant content is a minimum requirement to show up on the search engines in any meaningful or stable way. But does that mean that your website should be a full blown 2,000 page encyclopedia? I'd say no.
There are rules to how google ranks a site. Long story short, it's unlikely that you will ever have a single site that shows up consistantly at the top of google for a wide range of searches. For example, you can build a site to show up for a search like "apple valley chiropractic clinic" but that same page will probably not rank for that same search subbing 45 different cities. If you substitute "chiro" for "chiropractic" you may end up with a completely different set of results. The point is, you need to have a reasonable target, and build a tempered, gradual approach towards it. You need to decide what the most important phrases are that you want to rank for and make them clear with your SEO. This should ideally be a combination of the three target cities, the county they are in, and the two or three phrases, abbreviations, keywords, acronyms, whatever that you are after. Obviosly, these phrases will include words that if re-arranged, create similar phrases.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment